Aspen Ridge Preparatory School
School Accountability Committee (SAC)
Julie Adkins, Chair, Katie Boemecke, Secretary, Jennifer Zimmerman, Parent member, Paul Bunge, Teacher member, Pam Richau, Principal, Allison Schnell, Board member
SAC Role and Responsibility
An important part of any public school in Colorado is the development of a School Accountability Committee.
At Aspen Ridge, the School Accountability Committee is responsible for the development of the annual School Accountability/Improvement Plan. The SAC is responsible for the academic performance goals, non-academic performance goals, and support within the organizational and operational goals.
The SAC will solicit input from staff, parents, and students during all phases of assessment, plan development, implementation and evaluation. The committee will also:
- Make recommendations for assessment of the educational program and programs to enhance student achievement.
- Make recommendations for establishing goals and a plan for improvement based on an annual needs assessment. All goals must be consistent with school mission and vision.
- Monitor monthly the progress made toward meeting the improvement goals in the accountability/improvement plan. The committee will receive disaggregated data in order to re-align goals, implement instructional strategies, and identify any learning gaps in student populations, instructional strategies, and identify any learning gaps in student populations.
- Complete an annual satisfaction survey of parents and faculty. The survey will be completed each spring.
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Directors to improve student achievement and assess overall program effectiveness.
- Oversee annual data surveys on faculty, administration, and board satisfaction.
The School Accountability Committee has a board liaison that will be a member of the committee. The SAC is an advisory arm of the Board of Directors. All recommendations for program, assessment, implementation and evaluation will be presented to the Board for final approval.