Meet your Principal
Hello, Owl Families!
The fall colors are in full swing, and the season focused on family, gratitude, and caring is upon us. We have much to be grateful for at Aspen Ridge, including wonderful, caring staff, supportive parents and community members, and incredible students, who challenge themselves every day. Our partnership with you, our Aspen Ridge parents, creates a team of support for our students that allows excellent learning to happen academically, socially, and emotionally.
I am grateful and honored to share our success on the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) assessment, which our 3rd through 8th grade students took in the Spring of 2021. Aspen Ridge students showed positive growth from the 2019 assessment in nearly all content areas, which was not the case for many other schools in the district. Join me as we celebrate our students, teachers, and school community for a job well done! We remain committed to providing all of our Owls, at every grade level, with the tools and skills they need to think independently and participate in our integrated world.
ARPS CMAS Highlights:
- Grade 3 ELA and Grades 4 and 6 Math scored above the district and state average.
- Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 showed significant positive growth from the 2019 assessment.
- Grade 6 Math scored in the top three performances, district-wide, in percent Met and Exceeded Expectations.
Throughout November, we will focus on learning and living the "We Are Connected" mindset. This mindset helps us understand that everyone who comes into our lives can help us live our dreams. I invite you to help model living this mindset by sending a simple note of appreciation to someone who has positively impacted your student. Click HERE to learn more!
November is the perfect time of the year to show that We Are Connected as a school community while reflecting and practicing gratitude.
"The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members." ~Coretta Scott King
Thank you for...
- Supporting our teachers and staff.
- Modeling kindness through your words and actions.
- Volunteering your time and talents.
- Your continued support and dedication to our school and students!
Rachel Miller, Principal